- Annual Meeting Highlights
- Community Garage Sale
- Twinsburg Garden Club Plant Sale
- New Twinsburg Wildlife Ordinance
- Dog Park Improvements
- Ethans Website
- Message from the President
- Odds and Ends
Missed the Annual Meeting? Here’s the Highlights:
Our new A-frame signs were put to use in March to remind residents to send in their dues payment and to post our annual meeting date. They will also be used to help advertise our Community Garage Sale which will be held on June 15 and 16.
The Board has worked diligently to reduce the problems associated with our ever growing goose population. Actions included purchasing strobe lights and working with ODNR to secure a permit to allow for addling of goose eggs. A company has been hired to locate any nests within the common areas.
Ohio Revised Code, section 5312, requires homeowner associations to have a reserve study on file. We have hired a firm to perform this study. They will be reviewing the assets of the association and advising us as to how much money must be held in reserve in order to cover repairs, maintenance, and any needed replacement of such assets.
Thanks to the efforts of board member Mike DiCillo, there is now a new comprehensive map of Ethans Green available on our website.
Re-elected to serve another year on the board were Geni Spera, Mike DiCillo, Bill Furey, David Post, Scott Barr, and Phil Switz. We welcomed new board member Jayson Magnes. Many thanks to outgoing board member Penny Victor for her two years on the board. However, she will continue to be involved as she is handling this year’s community garage sale.
The meeting closed with a drawing for door prizes donated by local merchants. We would like to extend a “thank you” for donations to the following Twinsburg businesses: Marco’s Pizza, Dairy Queen, Gionino’s Pizzeria, Panini’s Bar & Grill, Romeo’s Pizza, and Original Steaks & Hoagies.
2012 Annual Ethans Green Community Garage Sale
Friday & Saturday – June 15 & 16 – 9AM to 4PM
Spring is here so it’s time to clean out your closets, basements and garages to turn yesterday’s treasures into cash. Registration forms are available on our website www.ethans-green.com or send an email with your name, address, phone number, and days you will participate. The association will handle obtaining a permit, running advertisements, and putting out signs at the main entrances. If you have any questions, or need to have a form mailed, please contact Penny Victor (firstname.lastname@example.org ) at 330-998-3335 or Geni Spera (email@example.com) at 330-487-5776.
Twinsburg Garden Club – Annual Plant Sale
Saturday – May 12 – 9AM to Noon
NEW LOCATION – this year’s plant sale will be held at the Twinsburg Historical Society Barn located at 8996 Darrow Road (in front of Giant Eagle parking lot). There will also be a bake sale and raffle.
Goose Control and New City Ordinance
The Board has received complaints for several years regarding the mess that geese cause in yards, driveways, and in our common areas. In response to these concerns we have listened to our residents and tried several solutions to improve this situation. We have worked with the City and the State of Ohio to help curb their growth, especially around the golf course and our ponds. We have sprayed, added lights, added streamers and other methods to deter their increase in the number of geese.
Another concern throughout the City is the increase in feral cats. The Twinsburg Animal Warden has been responding to these increased resident concerns, which are often caused by good natured residents feeding stray animals. This feeding trains these cats, raccoons, skunks and other animals to rely on this food source which in turn increases the numbers of wild animals in residential neighborhoods.
In response to both these health and safety concerns City Council with the support of the Mayor have passed Ordinance 33-2012 in relation to the feeding of wild animals. This does not stop you from feeding your pets, but will be used as a tool to control the nuisance condition of feeding wild animals on public land as well as animals that are not personal pets. If you need help regarding wild animals making their home under your deck or in your yard you can contact the City Animal Warden at 330-425-1234.
Help Support Twinsburg Dog Park Improvements
DOG PARK EXPANSION FUNDRAISER! The Twinsburg Parks and Recreation Boosters are having a fundraiser to expand the dog park! The goal is to no longer have one open area for all dogs, but rather two separate areas – one for big dogs and one for little dogs. A walkway from the parking lot to the fence is being built with personalized planks to permanently honor your beloved dog. For more information or to purchase a personalized plank, go to www.twinsburgdogpark.com.
Remember to Check Out Our Website
As well as a source for association information, this is your community website. If you are a resident of our Ethan’s Community and have a home business or services to offer, you can place an ad on our website free of charge. Do you have teens looking for summer babysitting jobs or yard work – list their info on the website. Have you been thinking about starting a playgroup, book club, or similar group? Please check out our website and support your neighbors. Your feedback, comments, and suggestions on our website are welcome and appreciated. Go to www.ethans-green.com and take a look.
Message from the President
After an early start, followed by a chilly return to winter, spring finally seems to have arrived to stay. The warm weather allowed board members to get an early start on the annual common area walk-around. We were very pleased with the condition of our common areas. Maintenance contracts put in place by the board have resulted in timely maintenance of our ponds, fountains, gazebos, and grounds. Improvements planned for this year include updating of entrance islands along Post Road at Alling Drive, Burton Drive, and Champion Trail. All common areas will be mulched this spring.
We count on all of our residents to be involved with helping to keep Ethans Green a welcoming and attractive community. Our board members try to keep an eye on things as we travel around Ethans, but we are only seven people and don’t see everything. When you walk around the neighborhood, help by picking up and disposing of any litter. If you see property which is not being maintained, street signs which need repair, or any problems, please let us know.
As always, our board is here to serve you, our fellow residents. Please feel free to contact any of our board members with your questions or concerns.
Geni Spera, President, Ethan Commons HOA
ODDS & ENDS:
- Playgrounds within Ethans – There are two small community parks within the Ethan Commons area. One is located on Ethans Drive near Nathaniel, the other is accessible off of Burton Drive. These parks, playground equipment and gazebos are maintained by the City of Twinsburg.
- Walking your dog? – Be a responsible pet owner and a good neighbor. Remember to take along a plastic bag or scooper to clean up after your pet.
- Branch pick-up – The next round of branch pick-up starts Monday, June 4. You can also dispose of your branches weekly through Waste Management. However, the branches must be bundled and tied, no more than 4’ in length, and not exceeding 30-40lbs. Please note: Twinsburg is only doing the branch pickup every two months. The next date for branch pickup will not be until August 6.
- Planning any Home Improvement Projects? – The master association has an Architectural Review Committee that is responsible for reviewing and approving plans. Detailed information on submission requirements can be found on our website on the “Law and Minutes” page. These requirements also apply to condominium properties, even though they are also governed by condo boards.
- Free Shredding – Our local SASWMA free shredding day will be July 14, from 9:00AM until noon, in Macedonia at 9699 Valley View Road (entrance to the Macedonia Administration Building). For more information go to www.saswma.org.
- Twinsburg Farmers Market – Our local farmer’s market will return starting Thursday, July 12 and continue every Thursday through September 27. Hours are 3pm to 6:30pm. It is located in the Creekside Commons parking lot (adjacent to Gander Mountain). For more information go to www.twinsburgfarmersmarket.com.