In This Issue:
- Message from the President
- Community Garage Sale
- Annual Meeting Highlights
- Ethans Website
- Around Twinsburg
- Odds and Ends
Message from the President
Maintaining the aesthetics of our community is the board’s top priority; in doing so, the major initiative this past year was the continued removal of Austrian Pines infected with diplodia tip blight as well as the removal of Ash trees infected by the Emerald Ash Borer. We are continuing to replace the Austrian Pines with Norway Spruce and the Ash with various shade tree varieties. A more striking improvement was the replacement of the original entry signs at Burton Drive, Champion Trail, and Alling Drive at their intersections with Post Road. The new signs in conjunction with the new island landscapes (installed two years ago) really showcase these entrances to our community.
The annual garage sale is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, June 12 and 13. This is an event that the board relies on residents to volunteer for. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the community. We are currently looking for two or three volunteers to make this another successful event. For those interested, please contact Kim at 330.425.3685.
Our annual meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 11 at 7:00pm and will be held in the auditorium at Dodge Intermediate School. During this meeting our annual election of officers will be held. If you are interested in seeking a position on the board please contact property manager Steve Avner at R.N. Landis Management. Attending the annual meeting is a good opportunity not only to meet your board, but to get a better understanding of the annual projects and long-term initiatives the board undertakes to ensure the continued aesthetic appeal of our community.
We are here to serve this community, please contact any of the board members with concerns you may have. Thank you for the opportunity.
Jay Magnes, President, Ethan Commons HOA
Sign up for Emailed Newsletters and Special Notices
Occasionally we send out newsletters or special notices by email. Notices include things like the email that recently went out about the rescheduling of our trash pick-up due to the weather or reminders about the annual meeting or the garage sale. If you would like to receive these newsletters and notifications, you can sign up on our website. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 330-487-5776 with your name and email address. We will only use this information for the purposes of sending out association newsletters and special announcements. Copies of past newsletters are available on the website.
- For safety reasons, there is no swimming, boating, wading, fishing or skating allowed in or on the ponds.
- Boats, RV’s, trailers, and commercial vehicles cannot be stored in driveways or yards of Ethans Green properties.
- Storage sheds and above ground pools are NOT permitted
- Be a responsible pet owner and good neighbor. When walking your dog, please remember to clean up any “deposits” from your neighbors lawns.
- The two playgrounds located within Ethan’s Green are maintained by the city parks & recreation department. If you notice damage to any of the equipment, please contact one of our board members so we can follow up with the city on any needed repairs or replacements.
- HOME IMPROVEMENTS – Are you planning any upgrades to your home or property this coming year? Please remember; installation of fencing, decks, in-ground pools, patios, additions, or any similar architectural alterations require that plans be submitted to our Architectural Review Committee for review and approval. Our Architectural Guidelines are available on our website. If you do not have internet access, you can call the management company and a copy of the guidelines will be mailed to you. These master association requirements also apply to condominium properties, even though condo owners must also submit their plans to their respective condo boards. Additionally, the City of Twinsburg requires that plans be submitted to the Twinsburg Building Department.
- RECEIVE SPECIAL ALERTS FROM THE CITY OF TWINSBURG – The City of Twinsburg now has a program called “Twinsburg Connect!” that allows residents to sign up to receive critical alerts, including emergency alerts, severe weather alerts, and important city announcements. You can receive these alerts via phone, text or email. You can find a link to the sign-up page through the city website www.mytwinsburg.com on the left side of the home page.
- STREET LIGHT OUTAGES – Ohio Edison maintains the lights on the light poles within Ethans Green. If you are aware of a burned out street light, it can be reported by calling (800) 633-4766 and providing them with the location of the pole. Provide as much information as possible; the city, name of the street, which side of the street (north, south, east, west side), and the house number of the nearest home. If it is located at an intersection provide the names of both streets.
- SUMMIT COUNTY FREE SHREDDING – This year’s local free shredding event will be held on Sat. July 11 at Macedonia City Hall (enter from Valley View Road entrance) between 9:00 AM and Noon. Summit County residents only. There is a maximum of 10 file boxes or shopping bags accepted. For additional information go to www.summitreworks.com or call 330-374-0383.
- TWINSBURG GARDEN CLUB ANNUAL PLANT SALE – The garden club’s annual plant sale will be held on Saturday, May 9 at the Historical Society barn located on Darrow Road.
- 2015 RELAY FOR LIFE TWINSBURG/NORDONIA – The 2015 Relay will take place from noon to midnight on June 6 at Twinsburg Tiger Stadium. Stop by and help support this great cause.