In This Issue:
- Message from the President
- Annual Meeting Highlights
- Community Garage Sale – June 12 & 13
- Road Construction in Ethans Green
- Around Twinsburg
- Odds and Ends
Message from the President
Spring time is definitely a hard fought battle around here and there is nothing like seeing all of the activity the warmer weather and longer days bring. The board marked the end of winter with our annual meeting March 11. It’s always nice to put names with faces, meet new neighbors, and review the board’s accomplishments over the past year. The board continued to usher in spring with our annual walk around to get a closer look at the potential toll that winter took on our common areas. This is also an opportunity for us to identify areas that require attention and improvement. This year’s walk around took place on May 9.
The annual garage sale is scheduled for Friday June 12 and Saturday June13 from 9a – 4p. This is an event that the board relies on residents to volunteer for. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the community. We are currently looking for two or three volunteers to make this another successful event. For those interested, please contact Kim Sevier.
As always, the Board is here to serve this community, please contact any of the board members with concerns you may have. Thank you for the opportunity.
Jay Magnes, President, Ethan Commons HOA
Missed the Annual Meeting? Here’s the Highlights
Re-elected to serve another year on the board were Jason Magnes, Mike DiCillo, Bill Furey, David Post, Scott Barr, and Jamey Appel. Pam Biesiada is newly elected to the board and will serve in the position of secretary.
Association finances and last year’s projects were reviewed and discussed.
President Jay Magnes provided updates on the status of landscaping issues within the common areas and new entrance signs which were installed along Post Road.
Board member Scott Barr discussed the procedures we are using, as recommended by ODNR, to control the goose population.
2015 Annual Community Garage Sale
Friday & Saturday – June 12 & 13 – 9AM to 4PM
It’s time again for the ETHANS GREEN COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE. Clean out your closets, basements and garages to turn yesterday’s treasures into cash. Registration forms are available on our website www.ethans-green.com or send an email with your name, address, phone number, and days you will participate to Kim Sevier at LSevier7@roadrunner.com. The association will handle obtaining a permit, running advertisements, printing maps, and putting out signs at the main entrances. If you have any questions, or need to have a form mailed, please contact Kim Sevier at 330-425-3685 or Geni Spera at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-487-5776.
Road Construction in Ethans Green
Starts May 11th and will begin on Oviatt Lane, Nathaniel Lane, Elisha Lane and Bronson’s Way. This will include full width pavement grinding, asphalt pavement repairs, concrete curb and storm basin repairs followed by asphalt resurfacing.
FamilyLand Fair at Twinsburg Public Library – Sunday, May 31, from 11:00 AM till 3:00 PM Fun for families and kids of all ages; fun, food, games, entertainment, demonstrations, raffle prizes and display booths. Sponsored by the Foundation of the Twinsburg Public Library.
Relay for Life of Twinsburg / Nordonia – Saturday, June 6 from noon until midnight. Located at Twinsburg Tiger Stadium.
Twinsburg Farmers Market – Starts Thursday, June 11, located in the Gander Mountain parking lot. Held Thursdays from 3 to 6:30, rain or shine, through Oct. 1.
Taste of Twinsburg – Saturday, June 20 – from 2 to 8pm at Twinsburg Township Square at the intersection of Routes 91 and 82. They will have food, entertainment, a kids’ zone, booths of local businesses and organizations. See more at www.tasteoftwinsburg.com .
Cost of Freedom Exhibit – July 2 – 5, Presented by Twinsburg VFW Post 4929. Exhibit will include an 80% size replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall (360 feet long) , World War II panels portraying the entire timeline of events, a Korean War tribute, a display of USA founding and significant historical documents including the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, a 9/11 tribute, and more. There will also be the Eyes of Freedom, the Marlboro Volunteers, and the “Through the Eyes” Mobile Military Museum. For additional information go to www.twinsburgveterans.com.
Free Shredding – Saturday, July 11 from 9AM until noon. Summit County Reworks is offering free shredding events to Summit County residents. This year, our local shredding event will take place at Macedonia City Hall at 9691 Valley View Road (enter on Valley View Road). Limit 10 file boxes or shopping bags. For additional information go to www.summitreworks.com.
Odds and Ends
- Playgrounds within Ethans – There are two small community parks within the Ethan Commons area. One is located on Ethans Drive near Nathaniel, the other is accessible off of Burton Drive. These parks, playground equipment and gazebos are maintained by the City of Twinsburg.
- Walking your dog? – Be a responsible pet owner and a good neighbor. Remember to take along a plastic bag or scooper to clean up after your pet.
- Planning any Home Improvement Projects? – The master association has an Architectural Review Committee that is responsible for reviewing and approving plans. Detailed information on submission requirements can be found on our website on the “Law and Minutes” page. These requirements also apply to condominium properties, even though they are also governed by condo boards.
- Ethan Ponds – For safety reasons, there is no swimming, boating, wading, or fishing allowed in any of the ponds located within the Ethans Green common areas.
- Summertime reminder – Ethans bylaws prohibit storage of any boats, RV’s, trailers and commercial vehicles in driveways and yards.