In This Issue:
- Message from the President
- Sign-up to Receive Emailed Newsletters and Special Notices
- Ethans Odds & Ends
- Friendly Reminders
- Around Twinsburg
Message from the President
On behalf of the Ethan Commons Homeowners’ Association I want to wish you a Happy New Year! Maintaining the aesthetics of our community is one of the board’s priorities; in doing so, one of our major initiatives this past year was identifying and removing many Austrian Pines that have been infected with diplodia tip blight. Unfortunately, the ways of controlling this are cost prohibitive. Once removed these trees were replaced with Norway Spruces, which are fast growing evergreens that are fairly disease resistant. This is an ongoing initiative given the nature of the disease.
The date for the Annual Garage Sale has not yet been scheduled. This is an event that the board relies on residents to volunteer for. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the community. We are currently looking for two or three volunteers to make this another successful event. Resident Kim Sevier has volunteered to head this year’s garage sale committee. For those interested, please give Kim a call at 330-425-3685.
Our annual meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 19 at 7:00pm and will be held in the auditorium at Dodge Intermediate School. During this meeting our annual election of officers will be held. If you are interested in seeking a position on the board please contact our property manager, Steve Avner at R.N. Landis Management. This is a good opportunity not only to meet your board, but to get a better understanding of the annual projects and long-term initiatives the board undertakes to ensure the continued aesthetic appeal of our community.
We are here to serve this community, please contact any of the board members with concerns you may have. Thank you for the opportunity.
Jay Magnes, President, Ethan Commons HOA
Sign-up to Receive Emailed Newsletters and Special Notices
The association will occasionally send out newsletters or special notices (such as a reminder for the annual meeting) by email. If you would like to receive these newsletters and notifications, you can sign up on our website. Go to www.ethans-green.com and send us a message from the “Contact Us” page, and we will add your address to our list of contacts. Your email address will be used only for the purposes of sending out association newsletters and special announcements. Copies of past newsletters are available on the website.
Ethans Odds & Ends
- DUES – There will be no increase in annual dues for 2014. The annual dues will remain at $99.
- HOME IMPROVEMENTS – Are you planning any upgrades to your home or property this coming year? Please remember; installation of fencing, decks, in-ground pools, patios, additions, or any similar architectural alterations require that plans be submitted to our Architectural Review Committee for review and approval. Our Architectural Guidelines are available on our website. If you do not have internet access, you can call the management company and a copy of the guidelines will be mailed to you. These master association requirements also apply to condominium properties, even though condo owners must also submit their plans to their respective condo boards. Additionally, the City of Twinsburg requires that plans be submitted to the Twinsburg Building Department.
- For safety reasons, there is no swimming, boating, wading, fishing or skating allowed in or on the ponds.
- Boats, RV’s, trailers, and commercial vehicles cannot be stored in driveways or yards of Ethans Green properties.
- No storage sheds or above ground pools are permitted
- Homeowners who have not submitted their dues payments by March 1 will be assessed a $25.00 late fee.
- Be a responsible pet owner and good neighbor. When walking your dog, please remember to clean up any “deposits” from your neighbors lawns.
- The two playgrounds located within Ethans Green are maintained by the city parks & recreation department. If you notice damage to any of the equipment, please contact one of our board members so we can follow up on any needed repairs or replacements.
- RECEIVE SPECIAL ALERTS FROM THE CITY OF TWINSBURG – The City of Twinsburg now has a program called “Twinsburg Connect!” that allows residents to sign up to receive critical alerts, including emergency alerts, severe weather alerts, and important city announcements. You can receive these alerts via phone, text or email. You can find a link to the sign-up page through the city website www.mytwinsburg.com on the left side of the home page.
- STREET LIGHT OUTAGES – Ohio Edison maintains the lights on the light poles within Ethans Green. If you are aware of a burned out street light, it can be reported by calling (800) 633-4766 and providing them with the location of the pole. Provide as much information as possible; the city, name of the street, which side of the street (north, south, east, west side), and the house number of the nearest home. If it is located at an intersection provide the names of both streets.
- FREE RADON TEST KITS FOR SUMMIT COUNTY RESIDENTS – The EPA has designated January as National Radon Action Month. There is a link on the home page of the Summit County Public Health website (www.scphoh.org) for a coupon to request a free kit. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to link to the coupon. There are a limited number of kits available for a limited time.
- 2014 WOMEN’S EXPO – The Chamber of Commerce offices of Twinsburg, Aurora, and Solon will be jointly hosting the 1ST Annual 3Chamber Women’s Expo on Thursday, January 30, from 4pm to 7pm at the Wilcox Room of the Hilton Garden Inn in Twinsburg. There will be over 50 booths featuring goods and services for women, including; salons/beauty consultants, fitness centers, health practitioners, clothing boutiques, travel agencies, financial services and charitable organizations. FREE ADMISSION TO THE PUBLIC. Door prizes and food samples from area restaurants will be available, donations accepted. All funds collected will be donated to Dress for Success.
The Ethan Commons Homeowners Association website can be accessed at